A few years ago we (Fuel Made) were just a small handful of folks focused on building the very best ecommerce experiences on the web. Leading out with strong design is how we delighted our clients, and grew our agency. Our design-driven approach led to success, and opportunities we couldn’t have imagined.
Today, our clients are successful, established merchants with specialized shops and complex needs. The opportunity to service these clients is challenging and exciting.
We are seeking a web designer to join our small design team. In this position you will work with our team, and directly with our clients. You will be directing and designing the solutions we build. This is a serious responsibility, and an exciting one. Watching your hard work come to life as it progresses through the project life cycle, and then watching our customer’s delight as it impacts their bottom line is rewarding. This is why we love ecommerce.
A quick summary of your responsibilities:
Once a client comes on board you will work with them over several weeks on discovery, creating wireframes and user flows (both visual and written), style direction, and finally the visual design. You'll then shepherd all that design work through the development process.
This is where we’ll need your experience as a web designer capable of tackling big challenges with discipline and an understanding of what web design really means, and how thoughtful design can help clients reach their goals.
Candidate must haves:
- At least three years of, specifically, web design experience
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- You should enjoy doing UX work in addition to visual design work
- Comfortable and experienced with the technical aspects and constraints of working with the web. This includes an understanding of RWD, and how HTML and CSS work.
- Passion for all things web and design. You are abreast of industry best practices and evolution.
- Willingness to do things The Right Way (especially when it's hard)
- Easy and enjoyable to work with
Nice to haves:
- HTML/CSS coding proficiency
- Experience with ecommerce
- Photography background
Why you might like working for us:
- We choose our clients carefully.
- Freedom to care about your work (we’re focused on quality)
Freedom to own projects from a design standpoint
Freedom to focus and get really good at what you do (we’re focused 100% on ecommerce)
- We work reasonable hours.
- The care we have for our clients is rivaled only by the care we have for each other. We are a tight-knit, professional team who care a lot about doing world-class work together.
Vacation: Two weeks paid vacation (available from the day you start) plus 7 paid holidays, and we also take off the week between Christmas and New Years.
Remote work: Western North America is your office.
Health care benefits.
Yearly retreat: Each year we all gather as a team for a week somewhere fun (and warm!) to connect, learn, and have a lot of fun together.
Tools: we’ll make sure you have whatever software and hardware you need to do your job.
Location: We are a fully remote company, but you must be in North America, and located in the Pacific or Mountain time zones, available to work regular hours every day.
Apply for this job >
(We reply to every applicant!)