A few years ago we (Fuel Made) were just a small handful of folks focused on building the very best ecommerce experiences on the web. Leading out with strong design is how we delighted our clients, and grew our agency. Our design-driven approach led to success, and opportunities we couldn’t have imagined.
Today, our clients are successful, established merchants with specialized shops and complex needs. The opportunity to service these clients is challenging and exciting.
We are seeking an experienced web designer to join us and lead our small design team. In this position you will help us elevate our game even more and push us forward as an agency, doubling down on the design-focused ethos that got us here.
In this position you will work with our team, and directly with our clients. You will be the primary driver throughout each project directing and designing the solutions we build. This is a serious responsibility, and an exciting one. Watching your hard work come to life as it progresses through the project life cycle, and then watching our customer’s delight as it impacts their bottom line is rewarding. This is why we love ecommerce.
A quick summary of your responsibilities:
Once a client comes on board you will work with them over several weeks on discovery, creating wireframes and user flows (both visual and written), style direction, and finally the visual design. You'll then shepherd all that design work through the development process.
This is where we’ll need your experience as a web designer capable of tackling big challenges with discipline and an understanding of what web design really means, and how thoughtful design can help clients reach their goals.
Candidate must haves:
- At least three years of specifically web design experience
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable and experienced with the technical aspects and constraints of working with the web. This includes an understanding of RWD, and how HTML and CSS work.
- Passion for all things web and design. You are abreast of industry best practices and evolution.
- Willingness to do things The Right Way (especially when it's hard)
- Easy and enjoyable to work with
Nice to haves:
- HTML/CSS coding proficiency
- Experience with ecommerce
- Photography background
Why you might like working for us:
- We choose our clients carefully.
- Freedom to care about your work (we're focused on quality)
- Freedom to own projects from a design standpoint
- Freedom to focus and get really good at what you do (we're focused 100% on ecommerce)
- We work reasonable hours.
- The care we have for our clients is rivaled only by the care we have for each other. We are a tight-knit, professional team who care a lot about doing world-class work together.
Location: We are a fully remote company, but you must be in North America, and located in the Pacific or Mountain time zones, available to work regular hours every day.
To apply for this job: send an email to email@example.com and include:
1. A link to your portfolio.
2. An example, with explanation, of a UX project you are proud of. We're looking to see UX chops here, not just visual design. Wireframes would be ideal.
In the email subject line put: UX Web Designer Position.