Hiring: Front End Developer
We're a small remote team focused 100% on building the best ecommerce experiences on the web using Shopify. We're engaged in interesting projects for nationally recognized brands, rapidly growing ecommerce startups and lots of folks in between. We're looking for an experienced, hard-working front-end developer (with a design bent) to join us.
Why you might enjoy working with us:
- Freedom to really care about what you're doing (we're focused on quality)
- Freedom to work. We get out of your way and trust you to do what you do best.
- Freedom to own projects from a development standpoint
- Freedom to focus and get really good at what you do (we're focused 100% on ecommerce and the Shopify platform)
- Deep appreciation for, and understanding of good design
- Expertise in HTML/CSS/Sass/JS
- Familiar with OOCSS, SMACSS, or BEM
- Well versed in RWD techniques and mobile performance
- Write your own jQuery plugins
- Comfortable with building front-end templates using JSON APIs
- Take pride in clean, readable code
More importantly -
- Desire to learn (curiosity)
- Passion for all things web
- Willingness to do things the right way (especially, late in the game when it's hard)
- Easy and enjoyable to work with
- Have obsessive attention to detail
- Communicate well in writing
In short, you care.
If you also have experience with Shopify and/or Liquid that's a big plus. If you don't, but are a quick study, we'll help you get up to speed.
The position: You’ll work with our designers who will provide design direction. You’ll typically be the sole developer on your projects, taking full ownership of a project from a development standpoint. We are craftsmen/women. This is a position where your attention to detail and desire to do things right will be encouraged and rewarded.
Please send a letter outlining your experience with the requirements listed above, with some examples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Remote is cool, but must be within one time zone of west coast US (Pacific).